Project Life


Project Life: Core Card Kit and Pocket Photo Pages

Alongside all of the DIY crafts I am in the process of completing I took on yet another task that I have been so excited to share.

I am all about simplicity. Although I am quite perfectionist I like to do things quickly and efficiently.

One thing I talked about in my post "when a 1000 photos just isn't enough" was this idea of starting an online scrapbook. I loved the idea of creating a book that was clean and polished at the same time not having to invest in a ton of supplies. I took a look a couple of sites online such as MixBook and MyPublisher (which by the way I would go with MixBook over MyPublisher any day) but once again it just did not seem to do the trick for me.

A few pro's of an online scrapbook:
1. Clean and polished
2. Simple minus the cropping and stretching of photos which could take time
3. Can add text
4. Pretty cheap compared to investing in scrapbook materials
5. I think the whole process is a lot faster

A few cons of an online scrapbook:
1. Uploading can take forever (although MixBook was much faster then MyPublisher)
2. Often cropped too much of my photo off
3. Could only fit so many photos
4. Could, but thought it would not look as nice, hand write events on the pages.
5. Did not find it simple to sort through my photos
6. Can't add memorabilia

I had finally kind of put aside the thought of making a scrapbook altogether until I came across Project Life.

If you are anything like me, you like to do things quickly and still like to see amazing results, Project Life is for you. It is made for anyone on the go who doesn't have a lot of time to cut, glue, paste, etc. You will see below the end product looks clean and neat.
It is a bit of a investment in the beginning but I feel it is well worth it (approx. $125 not including developing photos). Here are the steps:

Project life:
1. But a Core Card Kit... there are lots too choose from (29.99 USD online)
2. Buy the Pocket Photo Pages (29.99 USD online for a large package which is what I got)
3. Buy an album (range in price online, I already owned one)
4. I bought an edge rounder cutter because I am that perfectionistic and wanted all my photos to look the same
5. Pick out your photos and order them at any photolab close to use (no larger then 4X6 to fit the pocket pages)
6. Cut them as you like to fit the smaller pocket pages
7. Add the cards from the card kit however you like
8. Write on the cards as you like
9. Can easily add certain memorabilia

There are tons of free cards online as well if you are looking for something specific. Below is my start to Project Life. I have yet to order photos... so my book is just filled with the cards so far but take a look.



Album I actually already owned which was a money saver

The start to my book 

Work in progress

Corner Rounder


I'll be sure to share more of the project as it progresses. I am so excited about the end project! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to chat, so feel free to leave us a comment and we will be sure to reply.

 
site design by designer blogs