When A 1000 Photos Just Isn't Enough


As I shared in my post Baby to Toddler, my little guy has been keeping me beyond busy. The day has come that sitting nicely and playing with his toys is just not an option. "The options, mom, are: hold me, or stand me up to walk" Pretty much how it goes around this house.

Tonight, I sat in the bath (yes, I actually got to take a bath) and thought about how life has changed. Hopping into a car with a fellow mama to run to the grocery store is not an option anymore...unless I feel very ambitious and plan to take out the car seat, put it into her car, then take it out again, and put it back into mine. I better be going to Disneyland if I plan to do that. Also, bath time goes a bit like this: it starts off as baby's bath time, then hubby takes the baby out to get into PJ's and I get the chance to fill the bath up the rest of the way...but by the time it reaches the top, it's time to get out. And do I dare mention bottle time? The only job I have is to prepare it, from there baby has everything under control!
As I have said, oh things have changed.

A friend of mine warned me just yesterday, "Julie, you think your baby has changed a lot in the first year... just wait till year 2. It is a roller-coaster of change." I sat there nodding, knowing exactly what she was talking about! Truth be told, I have no idea, do I?

So beyond today and my busy baby, what has been keeping me so busy? Recently, I have had an overwhelming fear of losing memories. And I will be honest: it is a bit ridiculous, and I will explain why. Not too long ago my brother-in-law and his wife came over to hang out. Since they are expecting a baby of their own this coming April, I tried to recall our first weeks home with baby. The topic was baby clothes, and I thought back to what we used to dress our little guy in during the first days home from the hospital... and to be honest, I couldn't remember what he wore. I even thought "Did we dress him at all? Did we just have a naked baby for the first few weeks? I do remember my mom telling me I needed to put some clothes on him, or he would be walking around our house nude before we know it." Either way, I couldn't remember, producing an immense amount of fear of not doing enough to preserve those precious moments. But here is why this fear is irrational for me: I am a photographer. So I have photos... a lot of photos! (It's so bad--I can NOT delete a single one I take). I am also a blogger and have done a lot of writing! You would think that would be good enough?
What I am not, though, is a scrapbooker! So what did I decide to do? Online scrapbook! Because my 1000's (literally) of photos are not enough, and recording every single milestone of my child's life in a blog is not enough. It's a little bit of overkill, I will admit!


I have heard before that the first child always gets this much attention, so for him he will have 1000's of photos, a story of every waking moment of his life, and now a handful of scrapbooks (just kidding, I am only making one). Our second kid? Well, I'll blog about it when the time comes.

Chat soon friends!
Yours Truly,
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to chat, so feel free to leave us a comment and we will be sure to reply.

 
site design by designer blogs